of University of Auckland, Faculty of Education
The collection, use, storage, disclosure and correction of personal information by the University is governed by The Privacy Act 1993. Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. The University complies with the obligations of the Privacy Act 1993.
The University collects, stores and uses and discloses personal information about individuals in a number of circumstances set out below.
1. Collection of Information
The following information is recorded and logged by the University server when you visit this website:
- your browser's internet address;
- your server's address;
- your domain name;
- your IP address
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited;
- the type of browser you are using; and
- the username entered if accessing a restricted site
The University uses this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. The University does not attempt to identify individuals as part of regular business practice. However, in the event of an investigation, the University, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect relevant server logs.